Sunday 24 April 2016

Woman's rare medical condition has left her with hand the size of a football





Afroza Begum from Bangladesh was born with a rare deformity which has seen her hand swell to the size of a football.

She said: "I've had this ever since birth, I was born with the condition.
"I think I had it even when I was in my mother's womb.
"It was small but eventually it started growing. Now the blisters grow on my hand and they itch badly - but it never hurts."

She has been referred to a plastic surgeon but she can't afford the fees.

"I want to get treatment but it is beyond my capacity," she said.
"The blisters are only growing bigger and now they bother me."

Her deformity hasn't kept her from doing everyday chores like cleaning and sweeping which she does with just one hand.

We hope help comes her way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know. Comments are solely the opinions of their writers